Saturday, March 26, 2005

Turtles all the way down.

You know how some companies don't sell their cheapest products under the brand name of their more prestigious ones? You can't buy a Geo Tracker at a Cadillac dealer etc.? I saw I was headed in a certain direction with Thong, so I want to clean it up and give it a little more focus and consistent tone. Where then to put the sayings about love? Thong may be a rambling halfwitted attempt at a homespun ethics, ignorantly imitating Rousseau's ideas as a starting point from which to construct a consistent and mythless set of value statements the progressives might use to counter the nonsensical premise that the bush league gained power because the less conservative options offer weak or no moral core to their policies. As such, Thong has a certain obligation to stick to reason even if it does so poetically. Love is much more personal than politics and in part arises from instinctive behaviors only loosely coupled to consciousness...not reason's turf. Thong is left cerebral and frontal cortex. Love is whole brain. If you knew me, it would wierd you out considerable to discover that I even write such maudlin stuff. But its true! Even engineers, who look for all the world to have the emotional lives of turtles, fall into the grip of the necessary madness from time to time, or all the time, or once upon a...yeah, whatever.

The person I am at work, the person I am at home, the person I am at a party...NONE of those people get to say this kind of stuff and yet I can no more decouple the instincts from the intellect than I could parcel out my internal organs.

So, you have read backwards through time to the beginning. Consider getting a life.

The format may evolve but for starters, I will just go for one-liners and the like and see if I can keep that up. Though its a shade closer to confessional diarizing than Thong, you ain't getting whining or names here: love

Love: a curse to those who take it seriously, a boon to those who take it lightly and a failure to be entirely human for those who have never partaken.


0 Comments:

<< Home